During the pandemic we have had the ‘Nightingale Hospital’ set up. Now we are to have Nightingale courts. So far 10 sites have been proposed to ‘host’ the ‘Nightingale Courts’. It is hoped that more suitable locations can be found in England and Wales so that this number can increase.
The press release states that:
‘This will start to alleviate the pressure on courts and tribunals resulting from the pandemic – ensuring that the wheels of justice keep turning.
Spanning England and Wales, they will hear civil, family and tribunals work as well as non-custodial crime cases’.
‘The confirmed sites are:
- Former county court at Telford, Shropshire
- Hertfordshire Development Centre, Stevenage
- Swansea Council Chambers, Swansea
- Cloth Hall Court, Leeds
- Middlesbrough Town Hall, Teesside
- East Pallant House, Chichester
- 102 Petty France, London
- Prospero House, London
- Former magistrates’ court at Fleetwood, Lancashire
- Knights’ Chamber and Visitor Centre, Bishop’s Palace, Peterborough Cathedral’
For full press release details see: https://tinyurl.com/y6dxw6tq